CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hungary



When people think of traveling they often think of Europe and visiting countries like France, Italy or England. I would love to go to Europe and visit these countries, but there is one place I really need to visit in my life and that is Hungary.

I've been obsessed with this country since I was 13 and I read a short story written by Cotazar called "Lejana". In this story, a woman daydreams in the middle of her complex everyday reality and transports herself to Budapest, where despite being a beggar, she is free. Cortazar describes Budapest streets, its people and  a bridge that I would really like to see by myself.

Apart from this, I don't know much about this country. The only concrete information I have is that Hungary has a beautiful language and poetry. Some years ago I had the opportunity to go to a poetry reading at Biblioteca Nacional, where I met the Hungarian Embassador. I went with a friend who had Hungarian origins and I could listen to her speaking Hungarian with the poets and the Embassador. It was a nice experience.

If I went to Hungary, I would visit Budapest and I would see all the sights. Then I would continue with other cities in the rest of the country. From what I have seen in pictures I think Hungary is full of beautiful landscapes, castles, cathedrals and parks.

I don't think I would like to live, study or work here, mainly because of the language. As I said before, the language is beautiful, but it has no connections with English or Spanish, so I think It would be difficult to learn. My interest in Hungary is only touristic.

One day, I will visit Budapest and I will go to the bridge of Cortazar's short story. I can't die if I don't visit this wonderful place.

Now it's your time to think about that country you would like to visit. Say:

- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.
- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts
- Word Count: 150 - 180 words










0 comments: